Koodo Community
Solved

Can't enable WiFi Calling on Moto G Power

• 1 November 2021
  • 16 replies

I don’t seem to have the WiFi Calling option anywhere on my Koodo Moto G Power phone. Any idea on how to turn that on?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 3 November 2021, 07:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried this : https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/moto_gpower/enabling_wifi_calling.html#step=1

Yes, but when I go to the phone settings option, there is no “Calls” and none of the setting menu options have Wifi Calling anywhere.

Note: I can find a screen that has Fixed Dialing Numbers, Call Forwarding and Additional Settings - the same as the screen in this tutorial, but Wifi Calling isn’t an option there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you on the most recent firmware? What carrier version are you on to? Is it the latest? If you restart the phone, does it prompte for an update? 

I am on latest version. No update required. I can't see how to determine what carrier version i am on. 

Does Koodo need to turn on the wifi calling feature for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am on latest version. No update required. I can't see how to determine what carrier version i am on. 

Are you a postpaid customer? Was your motoG power purchased from Koodo? 

If you are a postpaid customer, you could contact Koodo and ask them to provide the provision for wifi calling at their end but i am not sure if that will enable the settings in the phone. 

I am a monthly customer (not post paid). I did not purchase the MotoG from Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am a monthly customer (not post paid). I did not purchase the MotoG from Koodo. 

A monthly customer is post paid.

Maybe the question should be Are you prepaid? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are prepaid then wifi calling is only available for post-paid customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since your Moto G Power was not purchased through Koodo, this could be another reason why you can’t enable Wi-Fi Calling. While Koodo sells this phone, they likely keep track of serial and IMEI numbers which helps tell the difference between the phones they’ve sold and non-Koodo phones.

Try dialing *#*#4636#*#* from your phones’ dial pad. If this code works, tap Phone Information and scroll down to near bottom of the page. If you see IMS registration, VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling greyed out or not provisioned, you will have to contact Koodo for assistance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have the VoLTE add-on enabled on your Self-Serve account? Without that, you will not be able to use the wifi calling feature. 

If you cannot add it to your account, you will need to contact a Koodo rep by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://Koo.do/Chat 

I think rikkster hit it right on the head.  I dialed *#*#4636#*#* , tapped Phone Information and scrolled down to near bottom. I see that VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are greyed out and not provisioned.  You say that I have to contact Koodo for assistance….  but how do I do that? There is no support phone number anywhere?  How do I contact them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’ll need to schedule a callback using the Koodo's Digital Asistant : http://koodo.ca.ada.support/chat/?language=en Enter #socialtech in the chat dialogue box to get to the “schedule a callback” window quicker. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think rikkster hit it right on the head.  I dialed *#*#4636#*#* , tapped Phone Information and scrolled down to near bottom. I see that VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are greyed out and not provisioned.  You say that I have to contact Koodo for assistance….  but how do I do that? There is no support phone number anywhere?  How do I contact them?

Just to make sure that these services will work, are you a postpaid or prepaid customer?

If you’re a prepaid customer, then Wi-Fi calling will not work. 

I am postpaid.  I my house is in a valley and I do not get cellular service when at home. I absolutely need the wi-fi calling to make this viable.  I tried scheduling a callback Koodo's Digital Assistant, and scheduled one last night at 6:00, but got no call back.  Scheduled another at 8:00 pm but got no call back.  Scheduled another for 9:30 am this morning, but got no call back.  Scheduled another for  12 noon, got no call back.  Have one schedule for 6pm tonight, but I am not holding my breath.  Do they generally call back?  I was told that Koodo supports wi-fi calling.  So far its been two weeks without mobile service at my house, and I work from home, so you can imaging how happy I am.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am postpaid.  I my house is in a valley and I do not get cellular service when at home. I absolutely need the wi-fi calling to make this viable.  I tried scheduling a callback Koodo's Digital Assistant, and scheduled one last night at 6:00, but got no call back.  Scheduled another at 8:00 pm but got no call back.  Scheduled another for 9:30 am this morning, but got no call back.  Scheduled another for  12 noon, got no call back.  Have one schedule for 6pm tonight, but I am not holding my breath.  Do they generally call back?  I was told that Koodo supports wi-fi calling.  So far its been two weeks without mobile service at my house, and I work from home, so you can imaging how happy I am.  Thanks for your help.

Can you check to make sure Koodo's number isn't blocked in your phone?

Are you getting the text messages saying that your call should be arriving soon?