Koodo Community
Question

Can’t access voicemail & make calls while roaming

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Out of the country and my son tried to access his voicemail on Fongo. It asked for a passcode and he didn’t know what it was. After a few attempts his voicemail was locked. So he tried to call it from his phone but international calls were blocked. He has international voice roaming on. 

We arranged a call back under the assumption there was no charge, but it ends up that around $90 later and much time with a rep, nothing has changed. The rep kept asking him to try different thing and then calling us back. Seems like we were being charged all the time. 

There were three requests: unblock voicemail and reset the pin and allow for international calling. None of that has been achieved. What to do next?  I can’t keep getting callbacks which are charged at $3/minute, I have no idea if putting Easy Roam on will make a difference to the charges. The website says two conflicting things: that Koodo cannot make callbacks to international numbers and also that Callbacks will not trigger easyroam. If it doesn’t trigger easyroam, doesn’t that mean it shouldn’t be charged?  

Please help, we have 3 weeks left and urgently need to be able to access voicemail. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are overseas and call back is expensive, you can contact them via Facebook or X messaging. 

Regarding the callback and roaming fee, the issue might not be from the call back itself. It might be because you turned on roaming and accidentally access cellular data. You could ask a rep via Facebook message and see what they can do.

Thanks. Data roaming was off.  There is no international data roaming activated for this number. The call was identified as same phone number to same phone number. I’ll try x or Facebook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. Data roaming was off.  There is no international data roaming activated for this number. The call was identified as same phone number to same phone number. I’ll try x or Facebook.

Data roaming off wasn't enough to stop your phone using data. You will have to turn off both cellular data and data roaming to avoid data usage

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

Anyway, when you contact a Rep, he/she would explain to you more about the fee