Koodo Community
Solved

can send texts and make calls, but cannot receive any

For the past couple days I have been unable to recieve any texts and all incoming calls go directly to voicemail without notice. I do not have airplane mode or do not disturb mode on.  Been a customer for 2 years with autowithdrawals. I have restarted my galaxy s7 edge phone, cleared my text cache, it is set as default SMS program, changed networks around to test...all to no avail. I want to avoid resetting my network setting or phone to factory…

It is possible I fat fingered some things while my hand and phone were in my pockets. It happens at times, but i really need this fixed. Ugh. All help is greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 26 March 2022, 01:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Outgoing texts and calls are working fine, but no incoming

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the past couple days I have been unable to recieve any texts and all incoming calls go directly to voicemail without notice. I do not have airplane mode or do not disturb mode on.  Been a customer for 2 years with autowithdrawals. I have restarted my galaxy s7 edge phone, cleared my text cache, it is set as default SMS program, changed networks around to test...all to no avail. I want to avoid resetting my network setting or phone to factory…

It is possible I fat fingered some things while my hand and phone were in my pockets. It happens at times, but i really need this fixed. Ugh. All help is greatly appreciated. 

Not sure why this is happening to your text messages as well. With respect to missing any incoming calls, is it possible that you enabled call barring on your phone? You may want to turn that off. Visit the link and follow the steps to turn it off. https://devices.vodafone.com.au/samsung/galaxy-s7-android-6-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-call-barring-on-or-off/

I appreciate your answer, but that is not it. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried clearing the cache on your messaging app to see if that solves the messaging issue? Note this will not clear any of your messages.

1. Open the app drawer.
  2. Tap the Settings app.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Apps.
  4. Scroll down and tap on your Messaging App.
  5. Tap Storage.
  6. Tap Clear data.

If that does not work, you might have to reset your network settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer?

You mentioned about autowithdrawal , could you check your selfserve and see if that went through ok?.

Also, do you have a friend phone or spare phone to test your SIM in it? if you can, you could test to make sure if the issue was from the network or the phone?

Postpaid. Automatic payments enabled. If it didn't go through, I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to do anything? I can send texts, make calls and use data still. Just nothing incoming.

I can try my sim card in another phone this weekend.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your messaging app to see if that solves the messaging issue? Note this will not clear any of your messages.

1. Open the app drawer.
  2. Tap the Settings app.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Apps.
  4. Scroll down and tap on your Messaging App.
  5. Tap Storage.
  6. Tap Clear data.

If that does not work, you might have to reset your network settings. 

Cache cleared, force stopped the app, and reset network settings. No dice 😶

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Krsnik666  - Hey there! I can’t see anything on your account that would explain why you can’t receive anything. I reset your network from my end.

Can you please try power cycling your phone to see if that did the trick?

When I reset my phone last night, I wasn't even able to use my data. I think you resetting my network from your end helped reset that, but unfortunately I still cannot receive text messages or phone calls. I reset my phone multiple times and even tried it in safe mode with no avail. I guess I may have to do a factory reset on my phone? What a pain in the butt

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately a factory reset is the next step in what you can do it would seem, once you've checked all your settings and cleared the various cache data you can clear and reset network and such. Up to you if yoh wanna wait until you can put your Sim card in any other phone or not. You can back up with Samsung smart switch at least.

Ya, I guess I will be doing the SIM card switch this weekend when I get home from work out of town.  No results, then factory reset. Blah. Thanks guys

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another option. Power off your S7 Edge and carefully remove the SIM card. Power the S7 Edge back on and allow it to boot to the home screen. Leave the phone turned on for five minutes. After five minutes have elapsed, power off the phone once again and carefully insert the SIM card, then power back on again.

Same scenario; this solution worked for my S7 (minus the Edge). If that doesn’t work, try the SIM card in a different phone method. 

Another option. Power off your S7 Edge and carefully remove the SIM card. Power the S7 Edge back on and allow it to boot to the home screen. Leave the phone turned on for five minutes. After five minutes have elapsed, power off the phone once again and carefully insert the SIM card, then power back on again.

Same scenario; this solution worked for my S7 (minus the Edge). If that doesn’t work, try the SIM card in a different phone method. 

So I went through the hassle of backing up everything and resetting my phone to factory settings. This did not work, but once I removed the sim card, it worked in another phone. I blew canned air into the sim port and it worked after that. I did not see your message until after I had solved it, but basically it was a SIM card issue. Just glad it's over. Thanks everyone