Koodo Community
Question

Call forwarding wont turn off

• 13 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I activated Call Forwarding from my personal Iphone to my work Iphone earlier in the day so i only had to carry 1 phone for my chores.  I turned it off in my personal Iphone in  options a number of hours ago but call forwarding is still enabled.  I also Tried restarting Phone off and that didn't help. When i call my number from my work iphone to my personal one   it goes to my phones email and doesn't ring  through on my personal. 

Im kind of stuck on how to get call forwarding turned off on my personal Iphone. And Koodo lacking ANY in house IT support doesn't help., So im hopinh someone in the community can help. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you activate call forwarding? Did you do it in your phone or by sending specific code?

Anyway, you could try to deactivate unconditional call forwarding by entering Code: #21# into dial pad and press Dial.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you’re referring to the call forwarding feature found in Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding, try deleting the forwarded phone number. Tap ‘Forward To’ and delete the phone number using the backspace key. Tap Back. The forwarded phone number is no longer visible and the Call Forwarding toggle switch should automatically move to the off position.

Thanks for responses everyone.  I was finally able to get a hold of someone at Koodos customer service. No matter what myself and the person tried call forwarding would not disable. We finally had to elevate to IT and in the end they had to restart my phone service to get it to work. Basically disable my cell phone service and restart my accounts service to fix it. All he could explain was its a glitch that can happen and their system gets “stuck” and will not remove the forwarded number in their server. But he did suggest maybe not using the Iphones settings option to forward calls and use only the #21# option to forward.