Koodo Community
Question

Blocking voicemail from a number, but not use call screening?

• 10 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I like the idea of call control blocking a specific number, as im being harrased from someone. So i Blocked their number but they still leave voicemail. 

But i dont like the idea of everyone else having to enter a number before calling me. 

All i want is to block a specific number from leaving voicemail, nothing extra. How can i do this?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@lickitysplit 

Thank you for your feedback! 

The Call control feature should also block numbers from leaving voicemails if they are added to the blocked list.

All other calls will be challenged to enter a phone number so they can connect with you. Exception: The numbers that are added to the Authorized callers list are not challenged to enter a number. 

Most recent callers that are not added to the authorized numbers list, and entered the correct number will be remembered and will not be challenged to enter the phone number next time, however, after a longer time, they might be challenged to enter a number again.

More details can be found here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

as i said in my original post, i know thats the case. What i am looking for is the blocking voicemail of a specific number component, but i DO NOT want the challenging any other call portion. Is that possible? if not, then thats pretty silly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

as i said in my original post, i know thats the case. What i am looking for is the blocking voicemail of a specific number component, but i DO NOT want the challenging any other call portion. Is that possible? if not, then thats pretty silly

I don't think Koodo had the option to block one person (call and voicemail) and let other call you normally. Additionally, they can change their number or hide the caller id. 

Regarding the harassment, you should contact your local police. A cellular carrier doesn't have the right tool for these situations.