Koodo Community
Question

Block the call from China

• 20 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I keep getting spam call from China with +86 country code phone number. However, the number keep changing so call control is not working. Is any way I can just block all call from China?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Besides "call control", Koodo doesn't provide any extra tools to block spam calls.

I thought call control should block every calls that didn't enter the validation code correctly? In your case, why didn't it work?

The spam call-in number keep changing. If you can let me know how to deal with it that will be great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The spam call-in number keep changing. If you can let me know how to deal with it that will be great.

That wasn’t strange though. Spammer had a pool of number to call and “call control” should stop it. You mentioned it didn’t work? what happened?

As well, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Is the “call control” that you mentioned from Koodo? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

I am looking for the help here but not getting criticize. This is great and please forget about this post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’re not being criticised - we’re genuinely puzzled why call control isn’t working for you. What normally happens is that the caller needs to punch in a random number to get through. Robot callers can’t deal with that (just yet). Are you sure call control is enabled in self serve?