Skip to main content
Question

auto calls going to landline not cell

• 18 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to track down a strange phenomenon. There are 4 adults that live in this household. Amongst us we use 3 cell phones through Koodo and when moving our internet from Shaw also moved the "landline" phone to TekSavvy. A few times now we have received calls from businesses on the landline that say their phone systems are showing our landline number on their phones when they receive a call from one of our cell phones. For my doctor's office - I had them remove the landline from their database but their automated reminder call was made to the landline number - although the receptionist says they do not have that number anywhere on their records for me. I am also asking Teksavvy if they know what is happening - we'd really like to correct this problem. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am actually confused by your description. Could you break things down into more detail.

• Are 3 Koodo cell phone using the same account or a different account?
  • When you moved your “land line” to TekSavvy? - which is also a cellular number? Who is the previous provider for the landline?
  • Is Tek Savvy number a VoIP number as of now?
  • Did it happen to all 3 Koodo number or just one?

The 3 cell phones are on one account with separate phone numbers

The landline went from Shaw to Teksavvy

I believe all TekSavvy numbers are VoIP

It has happened to two of the cell phones so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The 3 cell phones are on one account with separate phone numbers

The landline went from Shaw to Teksavvy

I believe all TekSavvy numbers are VoIP

It has happened to two of the cell phones so far.

If that was the case, the issue might not be from Koodo. When you made outgoing calls using Koodo number, Koodo only send their number (or the account name if you add the add-on). The issue could be from other end, they might be using automatic identification system from a 3rd party and that showed up. Did you know what type of phone or they are using? Was it a Samsung device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would run more controlled tests.

Have a friend or family member delete your number from their contacts and have your impacted cell call them and see what caller ID number shows up.

This is a weird issue since your Landline and cellphones are not related and not even with the same company.  Like even if there was a glitch, how the cell know to display your specific land line?