Koodo Community
Solved

Android Visual Voicemail Not working. What is Koodo voicemail number?

• 20 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Boy, they sure make it tough to get a human at Koodo!!!

I have a Pixel 6 running Android 13.  I’d like to use the visual voicemail feature. 

I’m getting error ‘Visual voicemail isn’t working.  Call voicemail to finish setting it up” message.  OK.  Looks like it’s not set up correctly.  :-)

I call voicemail by pressing “1”,  Voicemail works… I get the standard Koodo “you have no messages”.  But it doesn’t do anything towards setting up visual voicemail.

So, I go to the voicemail settings > Voicemail.  Visual voicemail is ticked.  Can’t change PIN at this point because I’ll assume it’s not set up.  Let’s try ”Advanced settings”.  Service is flagged as “Your carrier”.  No option to specify Koodo so we move on…

I believe the issue is with Setup.  It requests the voicemail number.  It doesn’t work with my mobile number so the only option I can think of is that Koodo has a backdoor number into the voicemail system.

I recall seeing a 778-xxx-xxxx number in this field before I entered my mobile number.

Any thoughts or advice warmly received.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 20 July 2023, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to double check, have you added the visual voicemail add-on to your account already though your self serve account?

No.  Did not realize it was an add on feature that costs $5.00 / month.   That explains a lot!