Koodo Community
Solved

5G service has not worked for at least the last 2 days in Dundas (Hamilton area)

checked settings, rebooted, the usual stuff - LTE service only - anyone else experiencing the same in the Hamilton area?

icon

Best answer by Haps 15 March 2024, 13:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

checked settings, rebooted, the usual stuff - LTE service only - anyone else experiencing the same in the Hamilton area?

Have you tried inserting your SIM card on another phone to see if you can access the 5G network?

thanks, will try if I get a chance

tried sim card in another phone and yes it connected to 5G. so problem lies in the phone I presume…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes.  Try resetting the network settings. Note that this will delete any saved wifi and Bluetooth connections

tried network reset, still LTE only…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone do you have that has the problem?

Pixel 7 and I do have the beta Android 14 running on it (March 5th was last update), thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Pixel 6 and 7s have poorer modems. They don’t do well in lower reception areas. Did you have 5G previously with no issues?

no previous problems whatsoever. I am thinking the beta Android  might be the culprit…… 

I opted out of Android beta program, reloaded regular Android…….problem solved. Thanks all for suggestions and help. Cheers