Koodo Community
Question

5G not working on a 5G plan

• 26 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I switched to a 5G plan from a 4G plan and traded 5 gigabytes away for this process. Now I am only receiving LTE at 48 megabytes per second. Very disappointing. Is this part of the way things are promised? One thing receive another. I reset my phone. Took out the SIM card. When I first reset my phone it did show 5G for about 3 seconds and then went back to LTE

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which cellular plan are you on?

How many bar of signal you had when testing? 5G is just a part of the network, it doesn’t cover every corner or was weaker than LTE. So your phone might just pick the stronger signal LTE instead.

I recommend you run speed test out door in a location where you know a cell tower is around.

Userlevel 2

I was within a couple hundred feet of the tower and drove all over town yesterday near the other tower. They have told me that there is not really good 5G here even though the map shows 5G through the whole town. Kind of disappointing that I switched for now

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was within a couple hundred feet of the tower and drove all over town yesterday near the other tower. They have told me that there is not really good 5G here even though the map shows 5G through the whole town. Kind of disappointing that I switched for now

You could try to contact Koodo technical support to see if they can reset your plan. I think there was an issue with a recent 5G plan. They mentioned they are working on it to fix. Not sure if it will be an automatic fix or not.