Koodo Community
Question

"Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Basic" -- I have a $45/m plan

• 25 November 2022
  • 11 replies

I am looking to purchase a refurbished phone with Tab Basic on my current $45/m plan. It seems this plan is not considered Tab Basic, even though https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone shows it should count for any plan $40/m or above.

It gives this error: “Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Basic. To proceed please change your Tab selection. Change Tab”

(Also, I am trying to get a call back, but the system is crashing and not allowing me to schedule call backs.)

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Possible to connect me with someone from Koodo or schedule a callback? Let me know. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am looking to purchase a refurbished phone with Tab Basic on my current $45/m plan. It seems this plan is not considered Tab Basic, even though https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone shows it should count for any plan $40/m or above.

It gives this error: “Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Basic. To proceed please change your Tab selection. Change Tab”

(Also, I am trying to get a call back, but the system is crashing and not allowing me to schedule call backs.)

Which plan are you currently using?

It is called $45 2GB Unltd min Plan SFD for short.

Here it is in detail:

• $45.00 per month
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
  • 2 GB of Shock-Free Data

And more detail:

• Unlimited international messaging
  • 2 GB of Shock-Free Data
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Call Waiting
  • Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling*
  • Additional data $13/100 MB
  • Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There could be some glitch in their system or your plan was "grandfathered" as of now, there are many other better plan at $45 price point. I recommend you look into a new plan.

Ok, thanks. I’ll get it figured out when I am able to schedule a call back. It’s been broken the past few days.

I just double checked in Self Serve, I can only see plans from $50/m and above. I know there are plans that start at $35/m for example. Not sure why they are not showing up. There does not seem to be a way to see all the plans.

I was able to get a call back booked this time for tomorrow! 

Userlevel 3

I don’t believe they generally allow a tab on a $45 plan. It seems they technically require $60 plan minimum but seem to often allow tabs on $55 plans (and maybe $50 if it shows it for you). 

there are promos on right now that if you get a new tab and update your plan, with credits it would be $45/month for 2 years (but then would go up if you don’t change it in 2 years) 

This page shows that Tab Basic should apply for $40/m plans or above: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

Thanks for the heads up, I may have to do one of these new plans as I want to get a “new” (refurbished) phone too.

Is there a way to add Tab Basic to my $45/m plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there a way to add Tab Basic to my $45/m plan?

Since you are on a legacy plan, you may need to switch to an in-market plan to upgrade a device on Tab Basic.