Koodo Community
Question

Unable to log into Self Serve

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve been getting this message for over a week now.  Each time I get this error message even when it has been days since I tried to login.  How do I fix it??

You've exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful attempts and your online access to Self Serve has now been locked. To prevent unauthorized account access, we limit the number of login attempts. To regain access, please try again in one hour.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That message seems to indicate that a wrong password was used to log into the account and the account was locked out. 

Have you tried the incognito mode of the web browser to see if it can help? 

I just tried incognito mode and it did not work.  Any other suggestions?

I ended up resetting the password and it is working now.  Koodo has some self serve issue to work through as the bill pdf returns an error but not critical for me at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jeff Johnson Thanks for sharing your experience! It is possible that for some reason you account had some indication that suggested we need to re-secure to prevent any un-authorized success. The below is the message we normally show upon entering an incorrect password before the set limit of tires kick in. 

Do you recall seeing the above before getting the other message that stated your account being locked?

Also, could you share what error message you are experiencing while trying to access the pdf version of your bill? I’m asking as the issue may not be on the Koodo side, certain browser version conflict with Adobe occasionally, triggering an error message.