Koodo Community
Question

Two Plans One email

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

We already have a monthly plan and have recently added a new prepaid plan for another family member. However when we try to sign up the new plan to self serve, it will not let us register as it says the email we give is already in use. Yes it is for the original plan. We only have one email , how do we get around this!  We tried the Koodo IA, but that didn’t work!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you’re using Gmail, you could try the “+” or “.” tricks: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

EDIT: note that this doesn’t work on all sites, and I have never tried it with Koodo.  I know it used to work with sister brand Public Mobile a number of years ago, so there’s a good chance that one or the other will work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you have a monthly account with 1 number.

And you opened a prepaid account.

Now you want to add a line onto your monthly plan? If so, just log into your account and go to " add a line.

If you want to open up another prepaid account, then you need another email address.

No, our email account is on Hotmail.    “Now you want to add a line onto your monthly plan”  the line I want to add is a prepaid one, so I guess I now need two email accounts? Thanks to both for the replies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, our email account is on Hotmail.    “Now you want to add a line onto your monthly plan”  the line I want to add is a prepaid one, so I guess I now need two email accounts? Thanks to both for the replies. 

Actually, the “+” trick works with Hotmail.  (I just tested with both an @hotmail.com and an @outlook.com email address which I have.)

So let’s say your email is somebody@hotmail.com (just for example), you could create another prepaid account as somebody+koodoprepaid2@hotmail.com.  Any emails the system sends to somebody+koodoprepaid2@hotmail.com would end up in your regular somebody@hotmail.com inbox.