Koodo Community
Solved

Text messaging does not work

• 15 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I switched to Koodo on Sat and have not been able to get text message to work.  I looked at all the posts in this forum related to this topic, and I used the Koodo Assist and asked for call back.  I tried the call back 5 times and was never called back.

I’m ready to switch to another carrier.  This is such a bad experience.

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 15 February 2024, 15:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What error(s) do you get when you try to send a text?

Is everything else working? Incoming/outgoing calls and data?

Hi Allan

It looks like what's happening is that my phone calls are being routed properly to my phone number but the messaging is from another number.

Derek

The big problem is I can't reach support. The call back feature does not work. I tried 5 times. The worst customer experience I've ever had with a carrier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems you had issue with number transfer. In your selfserve, can you check your number transfer to see if the request was complete or “canceled”?

As well, Which number did you try to schedule a call back to? If your number had issue, you cannot receive call back on it. I recommend you schedule to another number (that you know you can receive incoming calls). Make sure you have the confirmation from Koodo when you schedule a call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @DerekCheungSA  We have looked into your account and we saw that the porting center sent you SMS/email  numerous times to inform you  that you did not respond to the 2FA SMS to authorize the port request. Last email was sent yesterday with very detailed explanation/instructions.

Please check your email and follow the instruction to complete your port in. 

Hope this helped. :)

Hi there @DerekCheungSA  We have looked into your account and we saw that the porting center sent you SMS/email  numerous times to inform you  that you did not respond to the 2FA SMS to authorize the port request. Last email was sent yesterday with very detailed explanation/instructions.

Thanks. 

I see now that the status says port in progress.  I’ll wait to see when it completes later today.  Very strange because I had did the 2FA SMS answer right at the kiosk.

Let’s see how this goes.

Hi there @DerekCheungSA  We have looked into your account and we saw that the porting center sent you SMS/email  numerous times to inform you  that you did not respond to the 2FA SMS to authorize the port request. Last email was sent yesterday with very detailed explanation/instructions.

Thanks. 

I see now that the status says port in progress.  I’ll wait to see when it completes later today.  Very strange because I had did the 2FA SMS answer right at the kiosk.

Let’s see how this goes.

It’s now fully ported.  Thanks!