Koodo Community
Solved

Tab is payed off, but I'm still being charged for it.

So, the title is pretty self-explanatory, but I’ll elaborate.

Last month I made my 24th and final payment ($29) towards my current tab and yet my current bill is still asking for a  $29 tab payment on top of my monthly plan.  If I go to check my tab balance in self serve, it even says that my tab balance is at $0. So what gives? 

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 12 January 2023, 23:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

did you count to 24 payments? Often the final payment is shown as 0 dollars. 

did you count to 24 payments? Often the final payment is shown as 0 dollars. 

Yes. 1st payment in January 2021, 24th payment in December 2022.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The tab section and your detailed PDF ebill are slightly off set by you can see the billing date on the Tab section.

In the Tab section are you counting more than 24 payments for $29?

And are you sure the 24th payment is not for the current invoice?

If it doesnt make sense, please post a screenshot of your tab page in self serve and also Page 3 or 4 of your detailed PDF ebill that shows the tab charge

@Dennis 

Userlevel 4

it makes sense. the last Tab applied to your account was on Dec. 15th and the next bill generated after the tab charge was on Dec. 27th. You won’t see a tab charge for the bill generated in January.

You can think of it like Long distance or over usage charges. Any charges gets added to the next bill generated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Honestly I'm even confused by this. I'll just flag a rep to explain it and check if everything is correct

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Honestly I'm even confused by this. I'll just flag a rep to explain it and check if everything is correct

They explained on other post. 

They charged on the day showing on Tab history. In this OP’s case is Dec 15th.  
Then add this charge on the bill that generates on Dec 28th yo Jan 27th.

I don’t like this.
It should be the same day that they charge Tab and billing date.  

It should be more clear to all customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree it's so confusing. Especially since the bill is generated Dec. 27 and its under the monthly charge period of Dec28-Jan27

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ConnorDoubleYou 

I understand it may seem confusing, however, as @Toronto_koodo stated, 15th December is the date when the last tab charge has been deducted from your remaining tab and the charge was then posted on the December bill.

I can confirm that there is no issue with the bill. 

Here is an article that explains how the final tab charge works:

@Flo Koodo , @Dennis , @Mayumi , @Toronto_koodo Thanks for your help. Much appreciated 😊