Koodo Community
Question

Sim change Email verification problem

• 24 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a problem whenever I go to change my SIM card since my last phone was lost and stolen I get past the part where you type the sim number in and then I get past which type of communication would I like to receive the code through well I can’t use my number because of the reason that my phone is stolen along with the SIM card so I click receive code via email that supposedly works correctly and says a code has been sent to my email address so I’ve gone to my email and waited and waited and waited and nothing is showing up ive checked every single folder with no trace fobs verification email I’ve even been trying this method for over 24 hours now and still no verification email what do I do to fix this should I go to a Koodo kiosk in the mall I can’t make an call on my phone cause there’s no sim and it’s not operational without that verification code please help I’ve been without my phone for quite awhile now thnx cheers 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Troyzerdude143 

We weren’t able to identify your account based on your community profile.

Just to confirm, is the email address on your Koodo account up to date?

If you still don't receive the verification code by email, we recommend scheduling a call back with the virtual assist https://koo.do/Chat or if you do not have an alternate phone number, please visit a store nearby https://www.koodomobile.com/en/find-nearest-store?INTCMP=KMLanguageSelector_en_Selected_052021 so a rep can contact their support for assistance with the sim swap. 

Ok… my email address is up to date I already know that I had also just updated my address to the correct one! And if I walk to a Koodo kiosk in the mall will they ask me for my ID or something to do the switch? Because I’m currently waiting for my identification in the mail and have no other means of identifying my self or to anyone else.. Can I show them that I can and am logging into the Koodo self serve to prove my rights and ownership of the account?? If not what else can I do this has been a reoccurring problem do more then a handful of people why hadn’t Koodo resolved this problem yet? They should have something in place or be working on it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because this is a fundamental option in my self serve and I don’t have any other contact number no landline or mobile number that is working atm and even if I got through to a rep they charge a whole 50$ for any representative help with a real human over the phone and I also don’t know where to find Koodo’s contact number and idk what it is maybe my FASD is playing a roll in my ability to facilitate a phone call properly with a robot system but I usually get the wrong menus and selection or I keep getting asked to repeat my option selection over and over and like I said it usually gets it wrong most of the time I’ve been through a similar problem with Virgin mobile please flag a rep for me idk what else to do I’ve been without service for an entire month and this is getting bad I need to constantly search for wifi to get ahold of friends and family and others etc cheers thanks for any help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The security measure was there to protect customer from ID fraud. If someone got your selfserve login, they can easily change your SIM and it would be a big issue.

if you didn't have any Id to prove your identity at the store, you could schedule a call back from Koodo to any Canadian number of your choice. They might be able to verify the account and help you.

And please don't change email address of the account as well as the address of it. If you did, it might raise a red flag to Koodo because hackers would do that to take control of your Koodo account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some one posted this work around

Recently, I ran into a problem while attempting to change my SIM card via the Self Serve > Mobile Services section on the website. I noticed that this issue has been raised in this forum before, but the only solutions provided have been to "check your spam folder", "return to the store for immediate assistance", or "schedule a call for the following day through the website's automated system". These solutions are neither practical nor immediate, especially when the issue is present and needs to be resolved now. Therefore, I've decided to share a detailed account of the problem I encountered and the workaround I discovered:

Action Taken:

1. Logged into my account
  2. Navigated to Self Serve > Mobile Services
  3. Selected the option to Change your SIM card
  4. Entered the new SIM details
  5. Waited for the system to dispatch a verification code

Expected Response: An email should have been delivered containing the verification code.

Actual Response: No email was delivered. I performed a message trace in Exchange and found that no email was even dispatched to me.

Summary: The system failed to send an Email Verification Code during the SIM swap process. It appears that there may be an issue with Koodo's email server or script that needs debugging.

Workaround: I found a workaround for this issue, which involves calling Koodo's customer service. Here are the steps:

1. From an active phone, call 1-866-995-6636.
  2. Enter your phone number when prompted.
  3. When asked for the reason for your call, say "Lost or Stolen". The system will guide you through the process of suspending your service. Confirm that you want to suspend your service.
  4. Once the system confirms that your service has been suspended, hang up and call back.
  5. Again, say "Lost or Stolen" when asked for the reason for your call. The system will guide you through the process of reactivating your phone.
  6. Select option 2: restore on a different device.
  7. When asked for the SIM serial, enter the entire number, including the 891223 prefix that the website populated for you previously.
  8. The final steps are completed on your phone. Go to your device's "Cellular" settings and look for an option like "eSim Activate" or something similar. Scan the QR code and your phone should be activated.

I hope this workaround helps anyone else who encounters this issue. Koodo, please look into the email dispatch issue for SIM swaps.

Thanks guys my previous phone was found so I just swapped SIM cards thanks anyways guys