Koodo Community
Question

PUK number without having another phone to contact Koodo

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey, I’m travelling abroad and bought a local sim card for the duration of my trip. The people at the vodafone store put the new sim card in my phone and it asked for a PUK code, they didn’t know what that was and tried a few things. After a while they figured my phone was locked and couldn’t help me. I looked online and tried unlocking it with the IMEI code but it’s still not working. Is there anyway I can get my PUK code, I don’t have access to another phone or phone number to get a call from Koodo.

Many Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SlickVikkk - Hey there! The PUK code is actually dependent on the SIM Card. Typically, the prepaid packages from Vodaphone come with a pre-assigned phone number and two PIN numbers displayed on the package. One of those PIN numbers should have been the PUK code. 

With that said, if the wrong PIN was attempted too many times, chances are the SIM Card will no longer work and you’ll need a new one. 

Any chance you kept the package? Do you see any type of PIN number displayed on the package?

Hey Chris, we tried every number on the package of the new SIM card when I was at the store, to no avail. The employee even tried the card on a “dummy” phone they have laying around and it worked for that phone. I am fairly certain it’s on my phone’s end. Thanks for the input though!