Koodo Community
Question

Ported number from fido successful but no welcome text

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

First line - port from Rogers, no problem, done and got a welcome text in 30 mins. 

second line- port from Fido, reply yes, confirmed, switched SIM card, calls and data seems to work but no welcome text from Koodo. Waited all night and the morning but still no text. Checked self serve online and both phone lines say that the numbers were ported successfully though. 

But as the Koodo website says “you’ll know the transfer is done when you receive a welcome text asking you to restart your phone” I’m concerned if the transfer isn’t actually complete yet for the second line, and if my mom won’t be able to call 911 if that is ever a need (as the porting instructions had said that phone calls and texts can be made with ur new Koodo account but 911 calls are to be made with the old number). 

Also a unrelated but related gripe since I had to create and account to post my question- I was not able to create an account with my self serve information NOR Facebook login because when creating my username it would say that there was an error each time, yet trying it on my phone was okay… 

Hoping I’ll get som reassurance about the Welcome Text from Koodo as I’ve scoured tons of posts and Google and the chat bot and calling did not get me close to what I wanted to know. It’s such a simple question! 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does everything work on that phone?
Calls and texts, (incoming and outgoing), and data? If so then you should be good!

Does everything work on that phone?
Calls and texts, (incoming and outgoing), and data? If so then you should be good!

Actually no! :( 

I just got home and checked, but unfortunately it was only data that was working. She didn’t have text on in settings and I was able to test that and texting works for now, but I can’t call using her phone. When trying to call myself it says “Last Line No Longer Available / Do you want to call using your remaining line?”

I tried sending #porthelp in the chat, but while the phone number works, the instructions of which numbers to press doesn’t bring me to the help that I need - seeing so many people with problems with Koodo makes me wonder when I’ll be able to get help 😔

I’ve tried restarting the phone already and have been leaving it on hoping that the transfer just needed more time but alas… does anyone else have the same problem where only one thing isn’t working? Also this seems to be for outgoing calls, when I call using my own number to the second line it does connect and ring. 

And an update for the community - the phone is working now without problems, text, call, data! Hopefully it was just a block / delay of transferring due to the many customers, or perhaps someone did check in after posting - I would recommend people to post to this community forum with questions while waiting for a call back. I also restarted the phone after realizing that the calls were working, so hopefully everything is completely good now.