Koodo Community
Solved

Port authorizarion text not recieved - how long does it take?

• 2 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, about 15 min ago I went through the process of trying to port my number from BellMTS and the text I'm meant to say YES to hasn't arrived. How long should this take? 

I thought this part should be pretty quick. Not sure what I should do now. Any tips?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 2 December 2022, 05:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2

So I received this:

Koodo Message: Welcome to Koodo. Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Please restart your phone now for the transfer to take effect. Thanks for being a Koodo customer. Free Koodo msg.

Now I'm using the Koodo sim and it worked. However my bellmts yes text never came and my account still shows active there. Will this cause issues? Or is it that BellMTS just automatically approves it? Anyone have a similar experience. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is strange. Is your BellMTS SIM still working? Can you make/receive call on it?

Userlevel 2

This is strange. Is your BellMTS SIM still working? Can you make/receive call on it?

It looks like it probably worked. Koodo number is active and bell MTS closed the account. Never had to say YES

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It looks like it probably worked. Koodo number is active and bell MTS closed the account. Never had to say YES

Well, not sure what happened, but it could be a glitch fr their end.

Userlevel 2

For what it's worth this happened again with a second bellmts number. No YES needed but seems to have worked.