Koodo Community
Solved

Not permitted to update C/Card

• 25 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve tried several times to simply update the new expiry date on my credit card and/or whole card.

It keeps erring out to ‘Oops! Something went wrong - try again later’. 

How long do I have to keep trying “later”, later as in every day.

I tried to communicate with the binary bit byter (AKA Artificial something, certainly NOT Intelligence). But it just wants to put ads about upgrading.  :(

I have already seen dozens of the how-to, but doesn’t say how-to fix ‘Try again later’.

I have a self-serve pre-paid account.

Thanks

~v

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 26 September 2023, 05:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it a Canadian credit card? One of the first things to try is to see if the address on your credit card matches the address you added in self serve. If that still doesn’t work, you can schedule a callback at koodomobile.com/prepaidchat.

Yes. It is a Canadian card and address is same. 

I did register for a call back. They called, I said “Hello” ----- silence “Hello”  ---- just air --- then then the fats beep indicating caller hung up.

All this hi tech around us, and Koodo is the only company to ballistic changing the CC number, and/or making a call-back that doesn’t connect.

It’s not my card that’s a problem

It’s not my phone that’s the problem

It’s Koodo.

There goes another 6 hours I’ll never get aback and probably even more after I reset the call back, again.. Not cool.

~v

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did register for a call back. They called, I said “Hello” ----- silence “Hello”  ---- just air --- then then the fats beep indicating caller hung up.

All this hi tech around us, and Koodo is the only company to ballistic changing the CC number, and/or making a call-back that doesn’t connect.

It’s Koodo.

There goes another 6 hours I’ll never get aback and probably even more after I reset the call back, again.. Not cool.

~v

Instead of updating the details, have you tried removing the credit card from your Self-Serve portal and registering again to see if it works? 

It’s Koodo.

~v

Instead of updating the details, have you tried removing the credit card from your Self-Serve portal and registering again to see if it works? 

UPDATE:

Had considered it. Managed to get past the hang-ups and received Callback. Turns out that if a card expires on say end of month, and one tries to put in same card w/ just expire date change, we get the oops - try later error. I have to wait until old card expiry date rolls around and on that date, make the change. The agent was able to make the change. We now wait until expiry date for old. Agent will call me on that date to confirm.

Meh - it’s high tech. 😊

~v