Koodo Community
Solved

no account number wrong postal code

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I received my koodo sim today, but upon trying to register for self serve, its telling me my postal code doesn’t match their records, and I havent received an account number yet. 
For referene, I am trying to upgrade from prepaid to monthly, and I ordered online. I have the confirmation email and the order shipping email, but nothing with an account number. 
Do I have to call? Or is there something else I can do to rectify this? 

icon

Best answer by DebraSpencley 12 May 2023, 15:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried using the sim in a phone yet?
Is it active/showing service yet?
Sometimes the sim arrives before the account has been activated is why I ask which would explain why you can’t register.

Have you tried using the sim in a phone yet?
Is it active/showing service yet?
Sometimes the sim arrives before the account has been activated is why I ask which would explain why you can’t register.

There was no service when i tried the sim card, no.
I ended up calling, and after being rerouted 7 times, i was told that they didn't register the sale properly and my order number wasn't in their system. 

All it took was talking to each department i was sent to and reconfirming my identity several times before they activated my account, with a hold on it, because then they weren’t able to find the plan i had purchased. 
Once that was complete, my sim worked just fine. It took over an hour on the phone, and I likely would have given up, if koodo wasn’t the best service provider for where i live. 

Their service has always been good, but their customer support could be better.