Koodo Community
Question

New SIM - no verification code received to email

• 31 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I want to activate a new SIM and my verification code is not being sent to my email address.  I have checked all folders.  Please assist!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you were trying to switch SIM. Have you got the access to the old SIM card? You could try to send the code to it. 

As well,I recommend you try to do it again with different web browser and during daytime to see if it can help. If that doesn't,you might have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist 

i lost my sim card. bought new sim card. login to self serve and select change sim card service. No email verification sent after 6 tries. 

I have tried using koodo chat but its a useless bot that gives same option arriving at no email verification sent to my email. i’ve wasted whole day for this and have no idea what to do next as Koodo physical kiosh doesn’t seem to help with that service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i lost my sim card. bought new sim card. login to self serve and select change sim card service. No email verification sent after 6 tries. 

I have tried using koodo chat but its a useless bot that gives same option arriving at no email verification sent to my email. i’ve wasted whole day for this and have no idea what to do next as Koodo physical kiosh doesn’t seem to help with that service.

I assumed your account was fully active and there was no due amount?

a Koodo store should be able to switch SIM for customer, you would need a proper ID to prove you are the owner of the account. You should also be able to schedule a callback to any Canadian number

i called a koodo store, and they said they only sell sim card for koodo as they do not provide koodo services. That can only be done with a call with customer support rep from koodo, is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i called a koodo store, and they said they only sell sim card for koodo as they do not provide koodo services. That can only be done with a call with customer support rep from koodo, is that correct?

Eh, that store might be just a retailer, not a Koodo kiosk. Could you Google search to see if any corporate Koodo is around. Some Telus store is also selling Koodo plan.

Hello, 

did you happen to find a solution to this problem via. a phone rep or an in person Koodo store? I am having something very similar happen. Thank you very much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

did you happen to find a solution to this problem via. a phone rep or an in person Koodo store? I am having something very similar happen. Thank you very much! 

Ether way would work. You could simply choose the more convenient way for you.