Koodo Community
Solved

My phone is dead. I want to order a new one online, but it has my wrong address and the system won't take my address

• 10 August 2021
  • 6 replies

The profile won’t update my new address. I can’t call anyone to fix the problem. What do I do?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 11 August 2021, 03:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@alexkitty I just looked and see you have successfully updated your address already.

But now it wants to send a verification code to my dead phone. I won’t be able to see the verification code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@alexkitty For your identity protection indeed there is a safety feature requiring 2 factor authentication via a code exchange. One of the possibilities is to take your SIM and put it into a working phone while you get the code. Alternately a visit to a Koodo store is the next option, although some offers may not be available there. 

I don’t have a working phone that can do that. I cannot get to a kiosk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@alexkitty You could schedule a callback at koodo.com/chat and see if our reps can help, but I can’t promise it will work. Protecting our customers from fraud is of utmost importance hence precautionary measures.  Thank you for understanding!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have a working phone that can do that. I cannot get to a kiosk.

Do you have a friend, family member, neighbour that you can quickly pop your sim into in order to retrieve the text?