Koodo Community
Solved

Moving to Newfoundland

• 6 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I am moving to the Burin area, Newfoundland from Burnstown, Ontario and would like to keep my existing phone number and plan… is this acceptable and do I need to do anything (i.e. calling Koodo or visiting a kiosk)?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 7 November 2021, 06:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which plan are you on? If it is a Canada wide plan, you should be fine with the current number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to keep your current plan and number you can do that. Nothing needs to happen to keep things status quo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am moving to the Burin area, Newfoundland from Burnstown, Ontario and would like to keep my existing phone number and plan… is this acceptable and do I need to do anything (i.e. calling Koodo or visiting a kiosk)?

If you like your number, you don’t need to do anything on your end. Unless you are on a certain plan such as the legacy plans with province-wide calling, which may require long-distance charges to other parts of Canada, this would not be an issue for you.

Thanks very much for all of the answers here!! I am on a Canada wide plan - so all is well. :sunglasses::pray:

I live in Burin, Newfoundland 4 months of the year & the remainder in Niagara Falls. Depending on your location in Burin you may or may not have reception .If your community is nestled in base of the mountains..Ship’s Cove, Burin Bay area (on the water)  service is spotty. It’s pretty frustrating but I found 1 spot on the deck that I had proper connection. If it was a nice day I would leave my phone there to let all the text messages etc to download. If the waves & wind weren’t too loud I could have a conversation. The woman in the Post Office lives in Ships Cove and she said on occasion she has to stand on her kitchen table. I’m not exagerating. If your moving to a higher elevation you will in all likelihood get reception. We will try a booster or landline next year. Small price to pay to live in one of the most beautiful places imaginable. Good luck with your move.