Koodo Community
Solved

just want to change plans, why the sim card?

I already have a phone and a plan with Koodo. I just want to switch to a better plan. When I add the plan to my cart (the $50 with 10G of data) it adds a SIM card to my cart. I don’t need that though do I? I can’t seem to just switch to the plan. 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 19 August 2021, 01:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Login, click manage plan, change rate plan, then select the one you want.

Note that if you're just changing your plan that you won't get the bonus data so it would be $50 for 5GB

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In order to be eligible for that plan you need to upgrade your phone 

Oh so that deal is just for new customers, I see. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh so that deal is just for new customers, I see. Thank you.

Or if existing customers are upgrading and getting a new phone.

Okay, thank you guys for clarifying 🙏🏽 

That is terrible. Having same problem upgrading, self = serve not working also. I’ll switch to Virgin and get the $50 10 gb deal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is terrible. Having same problem upgrading, self = serve not working also. I’ll switch to Virgin and get the $50 10 gb deal. 

What plan do you have?

Do you have any tab left on your account?  Just watch out for Tab bonus if you have any left. This  Tab bonus is pain.

No, have my own phone, no tab, had the plan for years and they won’t let me upgrade with the current offers. Time to switch. Customer service is horrible with Koodo. Did a callback, and it dropped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe the reception wasn’t at its best. But it’s ok for you to switch, that’s what’ll keep them offering better deals ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, have my own phone, no tab, had the plan for years and they won’t let me upgrade with the current offers. Time to switch. Customer service is horrible with Koodo. Did a callback, and it dropped. 

Plans overtime become no longer eligible for tab upgrades. When that’s the case and you can’t retain a similary good plan, don’t hesitate to switch, since deals are geared to new activations.

I think I will do that. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The same philosophy applies with whomever you choose. They too will do the same over time.

After 4 years with Koodo, you would think they would have a loyalty program. I guess not!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Everyone has retention departments to some degree, but if they can’t or won’t match or do what you’re looking for, you’re best off going somewhere else.

The problem with Koodo is that it’s difficult to contact them. Tried call back, dropped call. Tried Facebook, links didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem with Koodo is that it’s difficult to contact them. Tried call back, dropped call. Tried Facebook, links didn’t work. 

Did you try to contact them on Facebook Messenger? https://m.me/Koodo 

Yes, it took all day with messages spread over several hours. I was sent a link to continue conservation authenticate online via facebook that didn’t work with multiple tries, different browsers, devices etc and gave up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it took all day with messages spread over several hours. I was sent a link to continue conservation authenticate online via facebook that didn’t work with multiple tries, different browsers, devices etc and gave up. 

Every time you contact them, you get sent over to the bottom of the line. As for the link, I’ve never had an issue. Think it might have something to do with your browser? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Authentication uses your self serve login. Are you able to login to self serve otherwise?