Koodo Community
Solved

cant use wifi calling - number not reconized

• 4 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Finally with tier 3 help got my account set up.  Whole reason I switched to Koodo was to use wifi calling.   When I try to set it up it says it does not recognize the number.   Help me please ,- so frustrating.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 5 December 2021, 02:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Finally with tier 3 help got my account set up.  Whole reason I switched to Koodo was to use wifi calling.   When I try to set it up it says it does not recognize the number.   Help me please ,- so frustrating.

Which device are you using? Do you have the VoLTE add-on?

Samsung galaxy a51.  No volte add-on.  Where do I get that please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you enable Wi-Fi Calling, the VoLTE add-on is added automatically. Both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling have to be enabled. If you lose Wi-Fi connectivity VoLTE will take over without interrupting the call, provided you’re in an LTE coverage area.

To verify VoLTE is enabled on your phone, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks. Make sure that the ‘VoLTE Calls’ toggle switch is set to the on position. Also, check that the Network mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) is displayed.

Also, login to Self Serve, select the Self Serve dropdown menu at the top and select Mobile Services. Select Manage Add Ons. Under My add-ons, Koodo VoLTE Access should appear here.

Hi

Was on with Tech Support for an hour last night and they still could not get WIFI calling to accept my phone number.   They escalated the call and should hear today.

This morning, while waiting to hear from them, I checked.  No VoLTE option showing up yet.  I still only have LTE (had that all along).  

I tried to activate WIFI calling and this time it did accept my number and I was able to set it up. So I now have it activated on my phone but have no idea why VoLTE is still not showing as an option on my phone.

I went into my Koodo Self-Serve account as you suggested and VoLTE is showing as an add-on.

Thank you for your answer.  It was very clear and concise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried to activate WIFI calling and this time it did accept my number and I was able to set it up. So I now have it activated on my phone but have no idea why VoLTE is still not showing as an option on my phone.

You’re welcome! Happy to hear it’s working! 

As for VoLTE, do you mean the toggle switch to enable VoLTE is missing?

Yes.  Under Mobile Networks my only options are:  Data Roaming, Network Mode (LTD/WCDMA/GSM(auto connect), Access Point Names, and Network Operators.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes.  Under Mobile Networks my only options are:  Data Roaming, Network Mode (LTD/WCDMA/GSM(auto connect), Access Point Names, and Network Operators.

There seems to be an issue where the VoLTE toggle switch has disappeared as the result of an update on many Samsung phones. The fix for now is to download an app that should bring the VoLTE switch back. After downloading the app, tap More Settings.

Samsung Band Selection app  

Tried the app.   I chose More Network Settings and saw that VoLTE was showing and toggled on.   Could not find a “save” switch.  Saw an edit icon at top and chose it and then “save”.   When I left the app and looked under my Mobile Networks it still was not there.   Tried rebooting the phone and still no VoLTE.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Tried the app.   I chose More Network Settings and saw that VoLTE was showing and toggled on.   Could not find a “save” switch.  Saw an edit icon at top and chose it and then “save”.   When I left the app and looked under my Mobile Networks it still was not there.   Tried rebooting the phone and still no VoLTE.  

I’ve read a few reports saying that some of the newer Samsung phones have the VoLTE option hidden and enabled by default. Seems like a similar situation here. VoLTE is working, there’s just no way to access the toggle switch other than through that app.

Before all of this started I did check my phone and model type to be sure that this would be possible and it showed the screen with the VoLTE option.  It just does not show up on my phone.  

Hope that mine is one of the phones where the VoLTE option is hidden and enabled by default.

Guess I’ll find out if this works if I can actually start having phone conversations while inside my house.

Thanks for all of your help.  I really appreciate it.