Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot add BYOD line online?

• 13 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, I’m having troubles using the Koodo mobile website. I moved my phone over from Bell and have been happy with the services/plans offered by Koodo. I would now like to add my partner to my account, but I cannot seem to do so. I follow the instructions provided here: https://www.koodomobile.com/add-a-line?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_%20AALlandingPage#howkoodo and it adds a SIM card to my cart. Instead of having the option to checkout, it only leaves me the option to “Add a plan”, which I select the $50/month BYOD 10GB plan with the $170 bill credit promo, and once I do, it asks me “Do you want to switch to the Canada-wide $50 - 4G LTE speed plan?" This is my only option, and I cannot seem to get past this no matter what I try. I don’t want to go to a store because I don’t want to pay a connection fee or an admin fee.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 14 September 2021, 03:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, I’m having troubles using the Koodo mobile website. I moved my phone over from Bell and have been happy with the services/plans offered by Koodo. I would now like to add my partner to my account, but I cannot seem to do so. I follow the instructions provided here: https://www.koodomobile.com/add-a-line?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_%20AALlandingPage#howkoodo and it adds a SIM card to my cart. Instead of having the option to checkout, it only leaves me the option to “Add a plan”, which I select the $50/month BYOD 10GB plan with the $170 bill credit promo, and once I do, it asks me “Do you want to switch to the Canada-wide $50 - 4G LTE speed plan?" This is my only option, and I cannot seem to get past this no matter what I try. I don’t want to go to a store because I don’t want to pay a connection fee or an admin fee.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

When did you port out to Koodo? Has it been more than 45 days since you activated your account? If not, you may need to wait a bit longer until you can properly add another line on your Self-Serve account. 

Hey MilkWay,

I definitely ported out of Bell less than 45 days ago. That makes sense. 

Would you know if I could just go to a kiosk instead and not wait? I don’t want to miss out on the promotional offerings Koodo has on right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey MilkWay,

I definitely ported out of Bell less than 45 days ago. That makes sense. 

Would you know if I could just go to a kiosk instead and not wait? I don’t want to miss out on the promotional offerings Koodo has on right now.

You can definitely check out your nearest Koodo store. Note there will be a $50 connection fee for each line you add in store. 

Hey MilkWay,I definitely ported out of Bell less than 45 days ago. That makes sense. 

Yeesh, I’ll just wait my 45 days then hah. Thanks for the help!