Koodo Community
Solved

Bringing your number with other provider

• 1 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m new to Koodo. I made a request to bring my phone number from my old provider to Koodo. It (my old phone number) seems to be working on my phone with Koodo, but I did not receive a text from Koodo confirming the process has been completed. It has now been over 4 hours. Is it normal that I did not receive a text confirming the process of bringing my old number was completed? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Goran 2 August 2023, 23:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m new to Koodo. I made a request to bring my phone number from my old provider to Koodo. It (my old phone number) seems to be working on my phone with Koodo, but I did not receive a text from Koodo confirming the process has been completed. It has now been over 4 hours. Is it normal that I did not receive a text confirming the process of bringing my old number was completed? Thanks! 

Did you restart your phone after the port transfer?

Yes, I restarted my phone. Didn’t receive a text from Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you get, and respond to the port authorization text on your previous supplier’s SIM card before putting in the Koodo sim?

If you didn’t receive or confirm to the previous supplier’s text, you may be stuck in no man’s land with only partial service. Contact your previous supplier to confirm that the port actually happened. They may require you to correctly reply to your security questions. Lived thru this issue with a port from Bell recently when the phone being cancelled was unavailable. Koodo account showed that all was good but only outgoing calls could be made.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

Adapted from an earlier post

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

Yes, I’m able to receive calls and texts. My phone number also came from Bell. They confirmed today that my phone number had transfered and that my account was cancelled on their end. Thanks for the help! 

Did you get, and respond to the port authorization text on your previous supplier’s SIM card before putting in the Koodo sim?

If you didn’t receive or confirm to the previous supplier’s text, you may be stuck in no man’s land with only partial service. Contact your previous supplier to confirm that the port actually happened. They may require you to correctly reply to your security questions. Lived thru this issue with a port from Bell recently when the phone being cancelled was unavailable. Koodo account showed that all was good but only outgoing calls could be made.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

Adapted from an earlier post

Yes, I received the old provider’s text and replied hes to it. 

*yes