Koodo Community
Solved

Tab Bonus Charge - How should I handle this?

• 19 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

I’ll admit I made a mistake and bought two pre-certified phones under my individual Koodo account instead of buying the second under my Fiance’s Koodo account (I did this back in 2019 with no extra fee and I thought this would be the same).

This left me being charged with a few hundred in the tab bonus payout fee.

My primary option that I currently have is to return the phone within the 30day period and repurchase it under my Fiance’s account. The problem with this is extra shipping costs, delays AND its no longer listed on the webstore.

Because of this I decided to call Koodo but they essentially told me to shove it and pay the few extra hundred dollars and for next time to read the fine print because clearly I'm the idiot. (Despite my current option of voiding this all entirely by a return).

Ultimately I want to keep this phone and void the fee I was charged. I know I bought it under the wrong Koodo account and I made the mistake but we want to correct this with them. Has anyone dealt with this before, any tips?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 19 December 2021, 21:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The only two options you have unfortunately are to eat the cost of the tab bonus or to return the 2nd one and get something else on the correct line. There are no other ways around it at this time.

The only two options you have unfortunately are to eat the cost of the tab bonus or to return the 2nd one and get something else on the correct line. There are no other ways around it at this time.

Thanks for the direct response with my options, I really appreciate it!