Koodo Community
Question

signed up for 3 streaming services for $15 with Stream+ but billed by Disney+

• 22 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

I signed up for the streaming services promo for $15 with Stream+. I had to create a Disney+ account in order to activate the Koodo promotion. My credit card is billing me for $15 from Koodo and $ 7.99 for Disney Plus. How to I reverse the additional charge with Disney+ and link my Disney+ account to the Koodo promotion?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you activate and link your account from the Koodo subscription page?

Ah ha! I logged into Koodo account and noticed I did not activate. Done now.

It says my Disney acct billing is paused until April 21st. does this mean I pay for 1 month subscription to Disney+ from March 21-April 21?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would guess that’s what it means. You’de be starting the Koodo subscription from April 21st

So I am currently being billed the Koodo promo rate @ $20 in addition to the monthly Disney+ subscription @ $9 for a month. Was it  explained in the promo streaming+ info that  if you have to create a new acct for any of the 3 streaming sites, you have to pay first month subscription with the provider? 

Sorry Koodo I will have to consider cancelling the stream+ promo now that I am paying  one month of Disney+. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can’t you link your Stream+ subscription and get the money back on first month of Disney+?

How do I do that @ Robert T? 

my streaming promo with Koodo has been activated and I have been charged $15. Disney charged me too. 

Waiting for a reply how to request refund form Disney+ @Robert T . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would contact Disney+ directly. 

Tell them you opened the account because you purchased the stream service through Koodo. You weren't aware that you need to activate it through Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, 

Please check out this article regarding the Subscriptions Partnership on Disney+:

https://help.disneyplus.com/article/disneyplus-third-party-subscription

For more info about how to manage you services through Stream+, please see our support article https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/stream-plus