Skip to main content
Question

No SMS/phone access, alternate way to verify self?

My current phone is water damaged and won’t turn on so I’m trying to order a new phone via the koodo shop but on the step before shipping it’s asking me to verify my identity with a SMS code. Is there an alternate way to verify my identity since I can’t use my current phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The feature was there to protect customer from fraud. If you didn’t have access to the old SIM, I recommend you visit a Koodo kiosk to get another SIM or contact Koodo directly so a rep can manually override the security measure.

I currently do have access to the old SIM card. How do I contact Koodo directly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I currently do have access to the old SIM card. How do I contact Koodo directly?

If you have access to the old SIM card, you can put that SIM into another phone and receive the sms code. 

If you still wish to contact Koodo directly you can schedule a call back at www.koodo.com/chat to a Canadian number or chat with a rep via Facebook/ Twitter messaging. Links are below 👇

I tried using a Huawei phone with my SIM card, but it asked for a SIM PIN. I looked up online and tried 1234 but it said it was unsuccessful. Is there another specific pin for Huawei phones 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried using a Huawei phone with my SIM card, but it asked for a SIM PIN. I looked up online and tried 1234 but it said it was unsuccessful. Is there another specific pin for Huawei phones 

The SIM pin is something setup by user. I don't think it was there because of the Huawei phone. I recommend you try to remember it. If not, you will have to contact Koodo for a SIM pin reset unfortunately.