Skip to main content
Solved

New Phone New SIM card but I still have old one

• 14 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I just received my new phone from Koodo and it came with a SIM card. I already have a Koodo SIM card on my old phone, so can I just switch the SIM cards in an effort to not lose my phone number or do I HAVE to use the one provided? 

And I guess for context I also upgraded my data usage and such so would that be affected by which SIM card I have in the new phone? 

Thanks so much!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

I just received my new phone from Koodo and it came with a SIM card. I already have a Koodo SIM card on my old phone, so can I just switch the SIM cards in an effort to not lose my phone number or do I HAVE to use the one provided? 

And I guess for context I also upgraded my data usage and such so would that be affected by which SIM card I have in the new phone? 

Thanks so much!

It is not necessary to use the new SIM card provided to you. You can simply take out the existing SIM card and insert it to your new device.

With regards to the data usage, the SIM card does not affect it in any way. 

Userlevel 4

If the new SIM is used... can you just insert it in the new phone when you get it? And it will work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, it will not work by itself. I don’t know why you’d want to go through the trouble, but you’d have to swap sim cards in self-serve to be able to use the new one. It needs to be linked to your line. Unless your old one broke or isn’t functioning anymore, there’s no reason to swtich 

Userlevel 4

Ok  thank you.