Koodo Community
Question

Is connection fee revoked when return phone during trial period?

• 25 September 2022
  • 5 replies

I just got a phone from a Koodo dealer store yesterday, brought it home, it didn’t work properly (app crash, lots of glitches), so I came today to return it. 

Before I went for the return, I talked to Koodo customer service on the phone and they said I won’t be charged the $50 connection fee. However when I came to the store to return it, the sales rep said I would still be charged the $50 connection fee - which doesn’t seem very fair to me. I didn’t want to return the phone, I only had to cuz it was not working properly!

I went through the contract and everything - couldn’t find the answer. Does anyone know if they will still charge me the connection fee or not? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a new customer or an existing customer who upgraded your phone? Also, were you within 15 days of purchase?

Here is their official policy on it https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just got a phone from a Koodo dealer store yesterday, brought it home, it didn’t work properly (app crash, lots of glitches), so I came today to return it. 

Before I went for the return, I talked to Koodo customer service on the phone and they said I won’t be charged the $50 connection fee. However when I came to the store to return it, the sales rep said I would still be charged the $50 connection fee - which doesn’t seem very fair to me. I didn’t want to return the phone, I only had to cuz it was not working properly!

I went through the contract and everything - couldn’t find the answer. Does anyone know if they will still charge me the connection fee or not? Thanks!

It should be noted that you purchased it in-store. Unless the rep put in a code to waive the connection fee, it is unlikely you will get a credit back.

Have you told customer service on the phone that you were not getting it online? Did the rep make any note on your file mentioning that it would be waived? There is no refund for the connection fee. 

It should be noted that you purchased it in-store. Unless the rep put in a code to waive the connection fee, it is unlikely you will get a credit back.

Have you told customer service on the phone that you were not getting it online? Did the rep make any note on your file mentioning that it would be waived? There is no refund for the connection fee. 

Hi MilkyWay, thanks for the answer. I did tell customer service that I got it in store, and he even helped me notify the store that I was going to return the phone. He made it clear no fees will be charged if I returned within 15 days (I just checked the contract we signed it said the same), but the sales rep said otherwise, hence the confusion.

Are you a new customer or an existing customer who upgraded your phone? Also, were you within 15 days of purchase?

Here is their official policy on it https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Hi Dinh, thanks for answering. I am an existing customer returning within 15 days. Yes I did check the link you sent, nothing about connection fee was mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The store rep is correct. Connection fees are only credited back if a new customer returns their device within the trial period and decides to cancel their service within the trial period OR if you exchange the device for another one, the system makes it so you are only charged for one connection fee.

If a renewal is canceled within the return period and service is returned to the pre-renewal state, the connection fee is not refunded. 

In your case, if you wanted to exchange the device for a new one, you’d only be charged one connection fee. But if you are just returning the device and not getting a replacement back, then the connection fee sticks.