Skip to main content

Iphone refurbished "not genuine" display not working, terrible communication!!!!

• 1 August 2023
  • 2 replies

We purchased a refurbished Iphone previously and our recent purchase of refurbished Iphone quit working after a couple days of transferring data from old phone. Display error was noted upon initial set up “not genuine part”, which did not go away after a few suggestions. A couple days later the screen no longer responds and we would like to return the Iphone, but we cannot delete personal data from the phone since screen is not responding. Koodo’s response time to my concern regarding returning an Iphone that still has personal data downloaded is painfully inadequate. I am done with Koodo and its lack of support!!!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We purchased a refurbished Iphone previously and our recent purchase of refurbished Iphone quit working after a couple days of transferring data from old phone. Display error was noted upon initial set up “not genuine part”, which did not go away after a few suggestions. A couple days later the screen no longer responds and we would like to return the Iphone, but we cannot delete personal data from the phone since screen is not responding. Koodo’s response time to my concern regarding returning an Iphone that still has personal data downloaded is painfully inadequate. I am done with Koodo and its lack of support!!!!!

If you are still within the 30-day return period, I would suggest you to reach out to the Koodo Web Store at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to initiate the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried erasing your iPhone remotely?

If you have a computer or tablet, visit iCloud.com and log in with your AppleID. Click on the icon that has your name and email address. On the next page and in the right pane, scroll down to “Find Your Devices” and click Find Devices (you may be prompted to enter your AppleID password).

If you have more than one Apple product, tap or click All Devices. Otherwise, your iPhone should show up as a single device. Click “Erase iPhone” to erase the contents of your device. You have the option of removing your iPhone from iCloud as well.

You can also erase the contents of your iPhone by going to the “Find My iPhone on iCloud” site https://www.icloud.com/find.

Use Find Devices on iCloud.com | Apple Support