Koodo Community
Question

Can i purchase a new phone, continue to pay tab on old device

• 17 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Question is quite simple. I want to upgrade my phone by purchasing an Iphone directly through Apple. I still have 1 year left on my current tab (Samsung Galaxy) but i’d rather continue to pay the tab rather than buy out and incur the nearly $600 to payout the tab. I would rather simply use my new phone on my same plan and continue to pay the tab on my old device which will be deactivated 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Edit: apologies! I missed where you said you want to purchase directly from Apple. OF COURSE you can do that and keep on paying off the tab in the meantime

You can even sell or give away the old phone - as long as you keep paying the tab, you’re good. Again, sorry for reading too fast :)

Original reply:

No, you can only have one tab per line. So you have a choice of either paying off the old tab and get a new phone on the tab, or buy the new phone outright from a third party.

Edit: apologies! I missed where you said you want to purchase directly from Apple. OF COURSE you can do that and keep on paying off the tab in the meantime

You can even sell or give away the old phone - as long as you keep paying the tab, you’re good. Again, sorry for reading too fast :)

Thanks so much for the response Sophia!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Haha yeah I almost gave you the run-around there 😂