Koodo Community
Question

PREPAID Sim CARD activated outside Canada

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello Members,

do you know if prepaid sim bought from Koodo will be activated outside Canada, i do not need roaming i just need an active Prepaid Sim that i can use outside Canada to receive messages (nO data requirement, No calling features,) just need an active  prepaid sim 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo prepaid only works in North America (Canada and the USA). If you really need to be able to receive messages while abroad, you will need to look at Koodo postpaid I’m afraid.

Thank you Sophia, 

So if I understand your point correctly, PrePaid can only be works in USA and Canada, not anywhere else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's right. I believe only Rogers prepaid works internationally, if all you need is receive text messages.

Thanks Sophia.

All i am looking for is PrePaid Sim that can remain active  outside Canada without any plan purchase for roaming or outgoing calls. Just active Prepaid Sim 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You might want to look into getting a VOIP number then. That will work everywhere and some allow text messages too, probably for a small fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Buy a local pre-paid SIM. Almost all plans allow incoming texting from anywhere if that’s all you want. No reason to involve Koodo until your return to Canada.