Koodo Community

Prepaid port protection

• 15 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7

I have contacted koodo prepaid support reps before regarding port protection and was told that port protection is not available to prepaid customers.

I placed another call yesterday and spoke to a prepaid support rep about my concerns. The rep proposed a process which I agreed to, whereby a note will be added to my account which requires the koodo porting department to go through an extra verification step prior to implementing a port out.

This is not a perfect solution but at least it presents an extra hurdle against illegal porting of a prepaid line. 

Dennis 3 years ago

Did they say what the extra verification step is?

Like will they call you or text you?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did they say what the extra verification step is?

Like will they call you or text you?

Userlevel 7

The porting will not be automatic upon receipt of a porting request but will be conditional to verification of the line owner’s personal data. There was no explicit mention of call/text but I assume that there will be a text message (notifying of the porting request and requesting me to call?).

Userlevel 5

@nim4165  thanks for the follow-up info!  Any extra level of protection is certainly welcome!

Did you call the Koodo rep using *611 ?  How difficult was it to get this outcome?

Userlevel 7

@Chrisowhy  I did not call *611. Asking for a  call back via Koodo Chat  www.koodomobile.com/chat  Type #helpss, which works best for me. Once they call you back,  you need to let them know that you are on a Prepaid plan (they will then forward you to a separate Prepaid support team member). It was my 3rd call, asking for additional protection. It was not a difficult call but it took a long time as they needed to consult with their superiors. Note that the Prepaid platform seems to be unable to accommodate ‘real’ port protection. They only said that they will add a note on my file which will require additional personal data verification steps prior to proceeding with the port protection.

Userlevel 5

@nim4165 Ahh, this is very good info to know in terms of actually reaching someone to talk to - thanks!

To clarify, you had 2 calls which downright rejected the request before you hit gold?  I understand the system/platform not having the support but having a manual note on file is better than nothing!

Hopefully Koodo remembers this so others calling in do not have to waste time and jump hoops to get the same…

Userlevel 7

You are correct about the first 2 rejections (the 2nd one was actually with a porting department lady who described the Prepaid platform limitations). Please note that I do not have any way to verify that they actually have inserted the above noted note in my file. It may have been their way to make me stop bugging them with my repeating port protection requests!