Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid customer auto top up question

• 8 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I set up auto top up with my prepaid card. I added my debit card information in my account but I can’t see any pre-authorised debit (PAD) information in my bank account. I need the information to meet some bank requirements. I have multiple accounts associated with this debit card and I’m assuming the PAD will be on the default account that Koodo takes money from? My first autobilling will start tomorrow. Please let me know how it works. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Lou 8 February 2021, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can’t top up  your prepaid account with a debit card, you need a credit card (can be prepaid) or vouchers. Is that what you are asking? I wasn’t entirely sure based on your description...

You can’t top up  your prepaid account with a debit card, you need a credit card (can be prepaid) or vouchers. Is that what you are asking? I wasn’t entirely sure based on your description...

Thanks for the reply. 

But I did set up the auto top up with a debit card

I have mine set up with a Visa Debit card and the monthly payments are withdrawn from my chequing account. I just looked at my Koodo account and it mentions Visa or Visa Debit. What type of debit card do you have?

Hi Lou, 

I have my visa debit card set up in my koodo account too. My debit card is linked to 2 chequing accounts, but none of them says I have an upcoming  PAD payment. But the auto top up is supposed to happen tomorrow.

Is my case considered a PAD?

Hi Lou, 

I have my visa debit card set up in my koodo account too. My debit card is linked to 2 chequing accounts, but none of them says I have an upcoming  PAD payment. But the auto top up is supposed to happen tomorrow.

Is my case considered a PAD?

Since it is a Visa Debit it should work, but I can't help you with the upcoming PAD part of your question. I don't get updated (or any listing) of upcoming PAD payments with my bank. Didn't even know there was such a thing.