Koodo Community
Solved

new prepaid plan deal as an existing customer

• 19 February 2022
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1

can I take the 15$ Prepaid plan deal as an existing customer? Is it only for new customers? I am always with automated topup with 10% off currently. Thanks for all! 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 7 March 2022, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't see why yih couldn't. Have you tried switching to it?

Userlevel 1

I tried, but I don’t see the promo deal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good question! I have asked our liaison at Koodo if you can have both the grandfathered 10% auto top-up and the new 250gb bonus data. To be continued - hopefully 🙂

Userlevel 1

Good question! I have asked our liaison at Koodo if you can have both the grandfathered 10% auto top-up and the new 250gb bonus data. To be continued - hopefully 🙂

Thank you😄

Userlevel 1

Any news? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not yet @lapin007 :blush:  But then again I have reason to believe our liaison might actually get some time off during the weekends - unlike the regular reps. Don’t worry, if I haven’t heard by Tuesday I’ll start nagging :rofl:

Userlevel 1

Not yet @lapin007 :blush:  But then again I have reason to believe our liaison might actually get some time off during the weekends - unlike the regular reps. Don’t worry, if I haven’t heard by Tuesday I’ll start nagging :rofl:

Haha, I totally understand, thank you 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just a heads up that the Koodo team is working on getting you an answer. Hopefully tomorrow, but if later,  know you haven’t been forgotten :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here’s the official reply from Koodo:

- Is the Bonus data only for new customers? If someone already has the 10% discount and switches to the new plans, would they get the bonus data as well?

As long as customers sign up for automatic top up on any plan that has it available, they will be eligible to receive the allotted bonus data. Since this is something only for legacy customers, if they switch plans they will lose their 10% discount

This, to my knowledge, is a new policy, because in the past as long as you kept auto top up, you could change plans and keep your 10%. So I asked them to double check if this indeed new… which would be a bit of a bummer really.

Userlevel 1

Here’s the official reply from Koodo:

- Is the Bonus data only for new customers? If someone already has the 10% discount and switches to the new plans, would they get the bonus data as well?

As long as customers sign up for automatic top up on any plan that has it available, they will be eligible to receive the allotted bonus data. Since this is something only for legacy customers, if they switch plans they will lose their 10% discount

This, to my knowledge, is a new policy, because in the past as long as you kept auto top up, you could change plans and keep your 10%. So I asked them to double check if this indeed new… which would be a bit of a bummer really.

Thanks Sophia,  So no perks for being a LEGACY customers,  imao.

And feels like being treated as someone who has been taken advantage of Koodo.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well I haven’t entirely given up hope yet :) Prepaid has never changed much and so far, they have never  once taken away grandfathered privileges. If they indeed changed their policy in this regard, that would be a first. So don’t despair just yet, it could very well be that this is an oversight on the prepaid team’s part :wink:

Userlevel 1

Well I haven’t entirely given up hope yet :) Prepaid has never changed much and so far, they have never  once taken away grandfathered privileges. If they indeed changed their policy in this regard, that would be a first. So don’t despair just yet, it could very well be that this is an oversight on the prepaid team’s part :wink:

I will keep my fingers crossed then. Hope you can bring some real good news :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Haha me too…. as I said it would be the very first time that they actually changed a policy like that. I have mentioned to hundreds of customers that you can change plans all you want and you’ll keep the 10% discount.

As such I interpreted your question as “can you keep the 10% AND get the 250MB bonus” and I was  quite shocked that the answer came back “if you change plans, you’ll LOSE the 10%”.

I honestly think that is a mistake… that is why I asked them to double check whether this is indeed the NEW policy. So I guess we’ll know one way or another soon enough.

Userlevel 1

Haha me too…. as I said it would be the very first time that they actually changed a policy like that. I have mentioned to hundreds of customers that you can change plans all you want and you’ll keep the 10% discount.

As such I interpreted your question as “can you keep the 10% AND get the 250MB bonus” and I was  quite shocked that the answer came back “if you change plans, you’ll LOSE the 10%”.

I honestly think that is a mistake… that is why I asked them to double check whether this is indeed the NEW policy. So I guess we’ll know one way or another soon enough.

So, I guess no news is good news?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not yet! Funny enough I sent a reminder to our contact at Koodo this morning, who fired a reminder at the prepaid team. You haven't been forgotten, I promise 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, I finally heard back from Koodo :relaxed: It’s exactly as we suspected: it’s still working the way we figured, it’s just no longer officially supported. So my advise is go ahead and change your plan - officially “YMMV” but  unofficially I can basically guarantee you’ll be able to have your cake and eat it :grinning:

Not sure how long the promo will still be in place, so now the difficult decision will be for you whether to change your plan now and forfeit the rest of your cycle, or wait till the last day and hope that the promo is still active!

Userlevel 1

I tried, but I don’t see the promo deal. 

Well, I finally heard back from Koodo :relaxed: It’s exactly as we suspected: it’s still working the way we figured, it’s just no longer officially supported. So my advise is go ahead and change your plan - officially “YMMV” but  unofficially I can basically guarantee you’ll be able to have your cake and eat it :grinning:

Not sure how long the promo will still be in place, so now the difficult decision will be for you whether to change your plan now and forfeit the rest of your cycle, or wait till the last day and hope that the promo is still active!

Thanks, Sophia. I tried to take the promotion, but in my account, i dont see the promo plan, as I posted before. if i buy a new sim card, set up an account, and do the number transfer, i am pretty sure I will lose all the adds-on and 10% auto discount. Is there anyway that I am not aware of to take the deal while still keeping my adds-on, and everything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh I’m pretty confident that the bonus data doesn’t show in that list, so I would definitely just change your plan to the new one and then receive your bonus. And if not, you can always complain to Koodo that you’re not getting what is advertised :grin:

Userlevel 1

Oh I’m pretty confident that the bonus data doesn’t show in that list, so I would definitely just change your plan to the new one and then receive your bonus. And if not, you can always complain to Koodo that you’re not getting what is advertised :grin:

Thanks, Sophia. It WORKED!!!:grinning:

just top up the plan, got the promo deal and didnt loose the 10% legacy customer discount. :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fantastic!!! I’m so glad we didn’t give up and kept nagging Koodo   :rofl:

Userlevel 1

Exactly, and all the nagging is worthwhile in the end. :grin:

So I also have legacy discount and want to change. How do you know that you still have the discount? Does it state you have a $1.50 credit after you switched? Is their away you can screen shot it without your account info? I really want to change but do not want to get burned. I called Koodo last month and was told you’ll lose the 10% but the promo is on until May. 

Userlevel 1

So I also have legacy discount and want to change. How do you know that you still have the discount? Does it state you have a $1.50 credit after you switched? Is their away you can screen shot it without your account info? I really want to change but do not want to get burned. I called Koodo last month and was told you’ll lose the 10% but the promo is on until May. 

Check the balance. 

Just go ahead, I dont think you will get burned.  Anyway, let us know when you move ahead with it. 

Cheers!!!

So I made in in just under the wire with switching plans before my next cycle got billed. I messed up and added $30 instead of $15 to the account but it billed me for this month and says I have $16.50 as a balance meaning my discount is still intact. I also received the 250mb bonus because of the auto pay. Good luck and I hope it works the same for any of you wanting to change. 

Userlevel 1

Great, that’s assuring to everyone here!