Koodo Community
Solved

new phone new sim card not activating

• 15 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I bought a new phone and had to buy new SIM card as old SIM wouldn't fit.  I changed to new SIM number  in my self serve account.  Now I have no working SIM cards , no email to activate and cannot call 611. I would like to keep my account.  And I am stuck ! 

icon

Best answer by Tambo 18 February 2021, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you see the message saying your SIM switch was completed? And it could take 15min to switch?

Did you restart your phone?

Yes, said SIM switch was completed.  Has new SIM number in my self serve account.  It has been about 20 hours now since and I have restarted and reinserted sim in my phone many times trying to get it working . It shouldn't be this complicated.  I dont want to have to go to different company.  So frustrated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you get the new phone from Koodo?

No I purchased a new unlocked phone.  I did end up speaking with a Koodo representative and they were very helpful.  Turns out my new Sim card was actually defective.  The representative reimbursed me for that Sim card and I purchased new Sim card and my new phone works great now!!  And representative called me back to make sure everything was good. So it was the Sim card the whole time and is resolved!.