Koodo Community
Solved

Monthly plan to prepaid plan

• 30 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi 

I want to switch from monthly plan to a prepaid plan. Will I be able to do it through Self service? Ordo I need to contact a Koodo rep to do so?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sophia 30 April 2022, 20:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can port over via self serve. You'll set up your prepaid first and then you should transfer your number in prepaid self serve. You'll have to pay for whatever tab is left if you have one of course and get a final bill that you can accèss in self serve for up to 90 days after you port.

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the reply.  So, in order to setup my prepaid plan first, I will need to talk to a rep or visit one of the Koodo booth first? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Neither. All you need to do is purchase a prepaid SIM card and set up your account online with a random number. Then when it's done, you can port in your postpaid number and the account will close automatically.

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for the clarification.  Once I ported my number to prepaid, will my current monthly plan stop automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, absolutely. Your number can only be active with one account, so as soon as you port it over to prepaid, your postpaid account will automatically be terminated. You don’t have to involve a rep at all.