Skip to main content
Solved

How to port from prepaid without cancelling prepaid account??

• 7 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Sorry, I guess this is an odd topic, but thought I’d ask regardless. I am trying to port an existing phone number setup on a prepaid Koodo plan. I am told that once I port that number, my account gets cancelled (along with all the prepaid Boosters I have). I was hoping to port the number but NOT cancel the account. I was hoping to buy another Koodo SIM and setup on this account. Based on a call with Koodo, the only option is to port, which will cancel account. I am simply trying to keep my Koodo prepaid account active wfter I port and setup a new phone number on a new SIM. Koodo is happy to have me simply leave, which I will do if there’s no solution for this. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You couldn't. The number is attached with the account. You would need the number to keep the account alive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To maintain the most value, you would have to tough it out on your current number/sim/account till your balances are low, then port your number out near the very end of your billing cycle to whatever your new plan will be.

If you are looking for a second line, you can open a post- or pre-paid anytime.

Thanks for the responses. I guess that’s just the way it is. I was hoping for more, as providers usually try to win back customers, but I can’t stay without starting from scratch. Unfortunate, but thanks for trying to help. I don’t jump around from vendor to vendor, so I won’t be back anytime soon. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the responses. I guess that’s just the way it is. I was hoping for more, as providers usually try to win back customers, but I can’t stay without starting from scratch. Unfortunate, but thanks for trying to help. I don’t jump around from vendor to vendor, so I won’t be back anytime soon. Thanks.

The system doesn't work this way. There is no way to keep a line with out a number always  attached to it. Once the number is removed the line no longer exists.