Koodo Community
Solved

airtime voucher

• 26 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi. 

I bought a Koodo SIM Card with airtime voucher included.

How do I activate the $20 voucher? I don't see an actual top up pin included in the SIM card I bought online at Amazon.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dinh 26 August 2020, 07:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this the one you bought? Amazon prepaid

If so, they mentioned in the description “you’ll get a $5 credit at activation and three more $5 credits after that each time you renew your base plan for a total of $20

If you would like to activate the SIM card you can go here https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/

After activation, there should be  $5 credit in the account and 3x$5 in later days.

Hi D.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. That's the one.

I didn't get any credit at activation. I had to pay with credit card to finish the process.

I went back to the Amazon site and saw that many people commented on not getting a credit. Should have read it first. Lol.

Still was a good deal as I got $20 credit for referral from wife. And she got $20 too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi D.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. That's the one.

I didn't get any credit at activation. I had to pay with credit card to finish the process.

I went back to the Amazon site and saw that many people commented on not getting a credit. Should have read it first. Lol.

Still was a good deal as I got $20 credit for referral from wife. And she got $20 too.

I would contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about it. You could chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback via www.koodo.com/chat

If there is no promotion, they should remove the informality about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awhile ago koodo used to do a $20 airtime credit with koodo prepaid sim cards. Looks like that seller just never updated their ad. Your only hope would be to contact the seller on Amazon since that particular seller isn't koodo directly.

Thanks for all your help.

I just joined Koo do out of frustration dealing with Telus. 

I do realize that Koo do is a part of Telus so I'm not too surprised at the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they sold you a SIM with misleading information for higher price (than most of the vendor out there), it is not ethical. Many vendors are selling prepaid SIM at the price of $3-7.

Have you checked if Amazon allow you to return/refund the SIM card? If they allow it, I would suggest you initiate the return/refund. Here is what I would do

By that way, you could teach them a lesson and you have your money back.

I am not sure if you would like to go that lengthy path, but that is what I would do.