Koodo Community
Solved

Acquire an eSIM in prepaid plan

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

The las week acquired a Koodo prepaid plan, unfortunately I need to have two lines in mi iphone. I saw that in your web page in FAQs section is the below question:

1. Which rate plans are available for eSIM?
Any in-market Koodo rate plan (prepaid or postpaid) is available on eSIM.

On another hand I went a Koodo store and they told me that the eSIM just is available in postpaid
What can I do in this case?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 2 October 2023, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm pretty sure the store employee was wrong. Alternatively, you could get a Public Mobile eSIM right at home, with their new app. Then you can port your Koodo number over to them.

Hi Sophia, 

Many thanks for your prompt response. Could you give me more details about how can I do that?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think it’s as easy as download their official app, set up a plan on eSIM (with some random temporary number) and then you can port your existing number over to Public Mobile. I believe that since both Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile share the same backend, you would need to contact a rep to transfer the number - but it should be hassle free otherwise.

Here is what I found on here!

eSIM for Koodo Prepaid Plan

For the record: Any of the “corporate” Koodo stores should have them or be able to tell you which locations do.

The eSIM Voucher for Koodo Prepaid is pink, it says “prepaid” on the front, and must have SKU: KESIMVPP 
They can do the change in their system in store. Then you add the eSIM plan in the phone. You must have WiFi (store WiFi) as you need data to activate it