Koodo Community
Question

eSIM for prepaid plan

• 13 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Where can I buy an eSIM voucher for a prepaid plan?

Support agent at call centre says there’s a specific eSIM voucher for prepaid.

Two Koodo stores (Fairview and Parkway) said they’ve never seen a voucher specific for prepaid.

Anyone knows how to change a prepaid service from SIM to eSIM?

Cheers.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Those two must just not have stock. Any of the “corporate” Koodo stores should have them or be able to tell you which locations do.

The SKU for them for the corporate stores is “KESIMVPP”

Thanks for the answer Allan

Could you point me to a “corporate” store in the Toronto area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the answer Allan

Could you point me to a “corporate” store in the Toronto area?

I’ll do you one better and get back to you tomorrow morning with a store that has some in stock☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So according to their inventory the following all have some. I would just call ahead first to make sure that their inventory levels are correct since Fairview has some but you said you tried there and they said they didn’t for example.

Dufferin Mall: 416-531-4120 has 55

Fairview Mall: 416-491-2597 has 50

TD Centre, The Path: 416-216-8356 has 32

Eaton Center: 416-205-9489 has 50

Yorkdale Store: 416-781-3856 has 51

Thank you.

Once more, thank you Allan. It’s been a fight to convince them, in the store, they actually have it in stock. So the stock information was priceless.

For the record:

The eSIM Voucher for Koodo Prepaid is pink, it says “prepaid” on the front, and must have SKU: KESIMVPP (as Allan wrote)
They can do the change in their system in store. Then you add the eSIM plan in the phone. You must have WiFi (store WiFi) as you need data to activate it.

I did removed the old SIM and rebooted the phone before adding the eSIM plan, but I don’t know if it was necessary.