Koodo Community
Solved

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro with Koodo?

• 26 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m interested in buying the Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro phone and looked up the bandwidth stats (I think thats what its called) for calls and texts and wifi and it seems to match up with the bandwidths/frequencies koodo plans provide, so I think that means if I use this phone and get a koodo plan with it that it will work? Just want to know for sure though.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 26 September 2021, 19:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m interested in buying the Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro phone and looked up the bandwidth stats (I think thats what its called) for calls and texts and wifi and it seems to match up with the bandwidths/frequencies koodo plans provide, so I think that means if I use this phone and get a koodo plan with it that it will work? Just want to know for sure though.

The Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro should work pretty well on Koodo, since it is compatible with most of the bands on the 4G LTE and 3G networks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just make sure when you buy the phone, the version is the global or international version. The India version didn’t have proper bands for Koodo/Telus network.

Also, as the phone wasn’t on the VoLTE/VoWiFI list, you would have to rely on the 3G network for calls/text. Some areas of Canada (e.g. parts of Manitoba and other) might not have the network coverage for it.

"Also, as the phone wasn’t on the VoLTE/VoWiFI list, you would have to rely on the 3G network for calls/text." 

When you say this are you referring to the indian or global version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"Also, as the phone wasn’t on the VoLTE/VoWiFI list, you would have to rely on the 3G network for calls/text." 

When you say this are you referring to the indian or global version?

All versions and the Poco brand. Koodo didn't provide volte and vowifi support for the whole brand.