Koodo Community
Solved

wifi calling

I activated wifi calling while I was in a service area and it is not working. I work in a remote camp for 2 weeks a month and need it. It worked fine on Bell so should I switch back ? let me know asap

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 13 April 2023, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you using? If it was an Android, for some reason you have to connect to Koodo cellular signal after few days to reactivate wifi calling. Also,make sure the wifi isp didn't block wifi calling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you currently still in the cellular coverage area or are you already at camp?

What phone are you using? If it was an Android, for some reason you have to connect to Koodo cellular signal after few days to reactivate wifi calling. Also,make sure the wifi isp didn't block wifi calling.

Using an Android phone and yes I am at camp now. What do you mean by the wifi isp didnt block wifi calling? We are on an open network and we also have the Starlink option which is also open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just if there's any ports blocked that the protocol needs.

How long were you in the service area before you went to the camp area?

Just if there's any ports blocked that the protocol needs.

How long were you in the service area before you went to the camp area?

I had it activated about 10 days prior to going out of the service area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The following link has a white list for phones officially supported by Koodo for WiFi calling: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Is your phone in this list? Next we can flag a rep to see if there's any backend issues.

The following link has a white list for phones officially supported by Koodo for WiFi calling: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Is your phone in this list? Next we can flag a rep to see if there's any backend issues.

My current phone is not on that list. Having said that my old phone which is perfectly functional is on that list and I may have to swap the SIM card over before I leaves for site next time as a work around. Only prob with that is KOODO wanted the IMEI number...using my own phones should be none of their bizz right. Thnak you for your help...much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wouldn’t find it unusual to share my IMEI with my phone provider FWIW

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @hacksaw   We have looked into your account and we saw that you didn’t have the VoLTE add-on at all, we did add it and refreshed the backend. 

With that being said, your device (Manufacturer: DOOGEE Model: S98 )  doesn’t look like its a compatible device, so it might not work. 

We hope that what we did helps but can’t guarantee it.  Give it a shot.

Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s not so much data mining as it’s checking for compatibility. The IMEI number does that. It’s possible to have a submodel of a type of phone that might be missing a frequency band used in one region, but not another. You’ll still get assistance but it’s just not “guaranteed” that it should work. Let us know how it goes please. 

Hi there @hacksaw   We have looked into your account and we saw that you didn’t have the VoLTE add-on at all, we did add it and refreshed the backend. 

With that being said, your device (Manufacturer: DOOGEE Model: S98 )  doesn’t look like its a compatible device, so it might not work. 

We hope that what we did helps but can’t guarantee it.  Give it a shot.

Cheers, 

I wont know until my next trip to camp but with that being said I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 which is on the list of compatible phones that i can use at work. Can I put the SIM card in this phone to use this phone at work and the new Doogee phone at home. Let me know please and thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hacksaw   If the sim fits, absolutely. You can switch between those devices as you wish. 

@hacksaw   If the sim fits, absolutely. You can switch between those devices as you wish. 

Sounds good...that is a good option!

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And that’s the case in general with any phone and any provider. Sim cards can be swapped as much as you want/need. There are no restrictions for that.