Koodo Community
Solved

Upgraded phone

• 12 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I’ve replaced an old-fart flip phone with a smart phone on a second line. My choices are 250MB data or 40GB data, which I’ll never use in a million years. Is there no happy medium, say 4GB? And how do I inform the robot that the phone is new?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 13 June 2023, 04:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you upgrade through Koodo or buy it from 3rd party?  and want to change your plan with data?

You need to update your SIM card information through self serve if your old SIM is not fit on your new phone.

SIM fits fine, phone is working fine. My options for data are extreme as above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

SIM fits fine, phone is working fine. My options for data are extreme as above.

What plan do you have currently?

First line is 3GB at 3G; second (new phone) is 250MB at 3G.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First line is 3GB at 3G; second (new phone) is 250MB at 3G.

Si you are on the starter plan, correct?

Then when you log into your self serve and go to change your plan, what plan do you see? You should be able to see all starter plans.

Also, you don't need to notify Koodo what phone you are using.  (you can buy it from 3rd party and use it no problem)

Tks. In thinking about this, Koodo is saying cough up $50 for 40GB you’ll never use, even though you’re paying $35 for only 3GB. Plus there’s no incentive for both of us to use the same provider by giving us a break on the second phone. In fact, given the system-wide outages and the dearth of competition, it makes more sense to just go to another provider.

Thanks for you help. :)