Koodo Community
Question

Unlimited International SMS vs Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)

• 22 January 2023
  • 5 replies

What is the difference between :

• Unlimited International SMS  and 
  • Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)*

And will either of these allow me to text from the US back to Canada? If not, if there an add on that would.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

What does the small “*” lead to? I would say one is only SMS while the other includes MMS (picture messages). I would say you’re good to send SMS from US to Canada, but keep in mind you’ll need to pay for those with either Easy Roam or pay-per-use.

Thanks, I think this is for the *

• Includes text and picture messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Long-distance rates apply to text messages sent internationally from Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply, depending on picture size, when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphones with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry add-on is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is the difference between :

• Unlimited International SMS  and 
  • Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)*

And will either of these allow me to text from the US back to Canada? If not, if there an add on that would.

Thanks!

To add on to Robert’s comment, these are only free when you are in Canada. Otherwise, you will be charged unless you are receiving text messages while abroad. 

Thank you both! Quick follow up question, can my husband and I text back in forth to each other while in the US - would there be an additional cost? We both have monthly plans with Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The phone in the US will incur roaming charges when attempting to send text messages.