Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to Unlock Phone while Travelling Overseas

• 28 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello Expert,

I’m trying to unlock my Contract phone from Koodo for use in Overseas (India) through Self Serve but always getting below error - 

Please suggest why it is so & help to resolve this.

Does the phone need Koodo SIM to be present inside for this unlocking to work? Currently, it has been kept in other phone.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 28 September 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long ago did you purchase the phone? Anything purchased in 2018 onwards would already be unlocked.

Hi Allan,

I bought this phone just 1.5 months back & able to get SMS in different phone after activating EasyRoam feature.

However, I was unable to add a new Access Point Name (APN) to catch local network in concerned contract phone which prompted me to think that it’s Locked with Koodo.

As per your comments, let me try to insert a local SIM in this contract phone. If it works, then I should be good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Allan,

I bought this phone just 1.5 months back & able to get SMS in different phone after activating EasyRoam feature.

However, I was unable to add a new Access Point Name (APN) to catch local network in concerned contract phone which prompted me to think that it’s Locked with Koodo.

As per your comments, let me try to insert a local SIM in this contract phone. If it works, then I should be good.

Ahh gotcha. If you're using easy roam with koodo then you will want to use Koodo's apn settings. Even though you are being connected to other carriers, Koodo is doing that for you.

If you're using a different sim, then you'll want to change the apn appropriately to that carrier.

If you just bought the sim a month or two ago then it will indeed be unlocked and you should be good to go!

Hi there, I am getting the same error message when trying to unlock my phone through the self serve. My phone was purchased before December 2017. Can anyone please help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, I am getting the same error message when trying to unlock my phone through the self serve. My phone was purchased before December 2017. Can anyone please help me?

I would send a private message to Koodo via Facebook or Twitter with your imei number.

Dial *#06# on your phone to display the IMEI number 

I would send a private message to Koodo via Facebook or Twitter with your imei number.

This is the first thing I did. I am still waiting for their response. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is the first thing I did. I am still waiting for their response. Thank you.

Just be patient and don't message them repeatedly. With every new message you send you get bumped to the back Of the queue